NV Candles Velvet Clearance – this range is to be discontinued.
Our NV Candle Range is handmade in the UK with only the finest ingredients. They are all 100% Soy Wax – no petroleum, no paraffin, no palm wax, no herbicides, no pesticides – they are GM free and have not been tested on animals. Soy wax burns at lower temperature than paraffin wax candles which promotes much better fragrance throw. It also burns much cleaner than paraffin wax and produces far less of the black soot that can discolour your jar tops, walls and ceilings! Soy wax spills can be cleaned up with just soap & water. These candles just smell gorgeous!
NV – stands for Nicola and Victoria – the two ladies behind this beautiful brand of handmade 100% Eco – Soy Candles and Reed Diffusers.
Why did we choose Soy Candles? Well there is much debate on whether Soy Wax Candles are better, safer and more environmentally friendly than those made from paraffin wax. But as Victoria explains, soy wax is made from soy beans – a natural, biodegradable, renewable vegetable based wax. Paraffin wax is a by-product of the petroleum industry and some research has shown that the soot from a paraffin candle contains many of the same toxins produced by burning diesel fuel.
Soy wax has a lower melting point so candles burn cooler, allowing for faster scent dispersion and slower burn rate resulting in a longer last candle.
– Soy wax burns cleaner producing less black soot which can discolour walls, ceilings and furniture.
– Soy wax spills can easily be cleaned up with just soap and water.
– NV Soy Wax is free of toxic materials, free of palm way, petroleum, paraffin, pesticides and herbicides, is GM free and is not tested on animals.
How to make your candle last longer…..
Victoria’s top tips are:-
– Always keep the wick trimmed to 6mm. It reduces smoking and helps the candle burn slower so increasing the life of your candle. It’s also easier to light.
– To stop your candle making a well down the middle, always make sure you burn the candle until the wax on the surface melts and reaches the edges. Wax has a memory, if you only burn a smal